Sunday, December 8, 2013

GOD SAID, “YOUR SINS ARE FORGIVEN.”


Many years were spent regretting sins from my past. These sins had hurt others
and me. Day after day I would replay my decisions. Two decades later, the
sting of past sin still had a hold on me.

God had forgiven me; I'd told Him about my sin and asked Him to pardon me. So
why couldn't I accept the freedom of His forgiveness?

I wanted so badly to believe I was the person David mentions in Psalm 32:2,
"Blessed is the man whose sin the LORD does not count against him and in whose
spirit is no deceit." Yet I struggled with accepting that God's grace could
erase my sin, wiping it away as if it never happened.

This can be a hard thing to accept for many of us. It sounds all well and
good, but in reality, the weight of sin makes it difficult to believe a
perfect God can forgive us.

Yet, His Word assures us that God does not count our sin against us. So how
can we live in this truth?

The first step is to acknowledge our sin: to ourselves and to God. This opens
up the door for honest conversations with the Lord and helps us stop hiding
from the fear of being found out.

The next step is to fill our hearts and minds with truth. Throughout the
Bible, God teaches how an unaccepting heart can be changed and softened to
accept His forgiveness. The following verses are truth from a loving God who
longs to transform our lives through the grace of His forgiveness.

My God doesn't condemn. "Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who
are in Christ Jesus." Romans 8:1
Are you lugging a load of sin that God has already forgiven? Are you ready to
stop living in shame, shackled by regret? Life is too short to exchange the
freedom of grace for the bondage of unbelief.

Today, allow God to wash the hurt and regret from past sins away with the
transforming power of His truth. And let's pray for an accepting heart that
lives in the freedom of God's grace and forgiveness.

Prayer:
Dear Lord, by faith I accept Your forgiveness and refuse to be a slave to sin
You've already forgiven. Today, I confess and move on! I commit to believe
Your transforming truths to live fully and freely in Your grace. In Jesus'
Name, Amen.


Reflect and Respond: /
"Do you struggle accepting God's forgiveness? Spend time talking with God and
ask for help to accept His forgiveness.

Use index cards to make several copies of the transforming truths above. Place
a copy in your purse, car, Bible, desk, and other places you often go. Read
them as long as it takes to experience the blessed life David speaks of in Psalm 32:2

No comments:

Post a Comment