Friday, December 27, 2013

ISAIAH 55:8-9

My voice is too timid and my confidence was too shattered. As a matter of fact, when God did begin opening doors for ministry, I reminded Him of all my shortcomings and why He had the wrong girl for the job. But as I began to take those first baby steps of obedience, He began to show me glimpses of His great plan.

Our dreams are always too small when compared to the magnificent dreams God has planned for His girls. While God has probably not called you to save an entire nation from destruction, He has called you to be a woman He can use. Missionary Amy Carmichael wrote, "Often his call is to follow in paths we would not have chosen."

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts neither are your ways my ways,"
declares the Lord. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts" (Isaiah 55:8-9)
How marvelous that He allows us to participate and be the hands and feet
through which He works.  "For we are God's workmanship," Paul reminds us, "created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do" (Ephesians 2:10)

LET'S PRAY:
Lord, I am wide open to receive Your instruction. I know that You have created me with a purpose and a plan in mind. My greatest purpose is to glorify You in all that I do. Help me to pay attention when You send me on assignment, and help me not miss it. I know I was born for such a time as this.  In Jesus' Name.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment