Saturday, September 22, 2012

BLOG DEDICATION


BLOG DEDICATION
I am Florina (1st name) Mendigoria (Middle name) Cabrera (Last name). At our house they called me “Yhang”, at work they called me “Rina”, but I’m happy to call myself “Yna.” I am the 1st born among 6 children of Mhen and Elsa Cabrera. I was born on April 14, 1985 in San Fernando, La Union. I have a twin sister and her name is Florida.

When I was young and little, my dream is to become a very successful journalist or a newspaper writer someday. But it doesn’t happen. Because God is my 1st priority in every area of my life, He grants the desire of my heart. It’s not exactly match to my dream but it’s far greater than what I’m longing for.

God gave me the privilege to work in a Christian Church, a worldwide ministry wherein they use mass media (television, radio, publication) a powerful tool to win the world for Christ. I started to work there fulltime in year 2008 when I was 23 years old. As a part of fulfilling my dream, God put me to media – publication department as a transcriptionist (to type the recorded preaching’s into written form, to make it a book) and scattered it around the world. So it’s like a newspaper!






In addition to my part in the mass media ministry, the Spiritual Director of the Church assigned me to be his radio announcer in his 3 radio Gospel program named “Miracle Hour” that was based in Manila but heard all over the Philippines. It is a 1 hour daily radio slot and I announce to it for 10 minutes.







Because of this wonderful privilege and I called also, “a Precious Gift from Heaven”, I was inspired to create a blog. I’m not an excellent writer so you will find some grammatical error to my writings. But I believe, you will really enjoy following it. So this is it…

I wanted to dedicate this BLOG to my GOD who do all His best in making a way in fulfilling my dream. Whatever I’ve became Lord, I owe it all to You. I really really really love You and I will love You for all eternity. You’re the reason of my existence. The reason why I live. You are my dream come true. Love You, Lord.

2nd, I dedicate this blog to my beloved Church – Jesus Is Our Shield Worldwide Ministries where my God-given talent’s has been used to the fullest in glorifying my Creator and serving my fellowmen. I am not worthy for this divine task yet they found me worthy.

3rd, I dedicate this blog to all who dream. Please include God in all your hopes and dreams, make Him the centre of your lives, love Him above all, use whatever talent you have for His glory, serve Him with all your might and strength. He is our Creator. Without Him, we’re not here breathing. When you do that with all sincerity, greater than your heart’s desire will happen.

4th, I dedicate this blog to all who’s reading, buying and collecting books are their habits.

5th, I dedicate this blog to all of my favorite author, writer, blogger. You will know yourself when I mention your name in my next blogs.

6th, I dedicate this blog to my precious family and kind friends who always encouraged by my warm written words.

And lastly, this blog is dedicated for me. So when I grow old, I just sit and relax, take a deep breath, embrace my Bible, praise God and spend my remaining glory days reading the sweetness of my blog.

cabreraflorina.blogspot.com
“a woman with a heart of a poet.”
SHARE YOUR POSITIVE MIND AND BE A BLESSING!

FULL FILLED MEMORIES

Where I Come From

I am from love

From salty kisses and sandy toes

I am from the shells under the sandy beaches

Ocean breezes in your face it tastes like shrimp

I am from the captured memories and the flash of the camera

With a flash I called those memories my own

I’m from a BBQ just because…

And a holler if you need anything from our neighbors

I’m from the popular boys and girls

And from the rejects

From be unique! And be confident!

I’m from the ball and glove in hand with a loud roaring cheer from mother

I’m from mom and dad

From fresh scrambled eggs and strong coffee in the morning

From the lives my ancestors lost in battle

To keep our freedom of rights

In my closet lies a box of old and new photos

Spilling with Love, Courage, and Passion of my family garden sprouting

I’m from those memories of Love and Passion in my family garden.

A POET AT WORK

Thoughts              …

While reading the works of other poets and noting that some had very few comments or none at all, I found myself pondering on the courage it takes for the Poet to publish their work. When the energy of pure thought is put down on paper and thrust out into the world for others to ignore, criticize, or ridicule is quite a barrier to overcome. For many that step is never taken and the world misses out on those unfinished works of the mind. For others, they take the step casting aside the fears and sharing their work. I say to ye all, "thank you."

A Journey of Words
When the idea calls, we write
Sometimes without direction
Words meander on the page
Thoughts collide
Breakneck speed then stop
Beauty emerges from the wreckage
Light from the darkness
We search endlessly
For sense in our rhymes
Rhythm in our sentences
Carefully chosen terms

Teeming with feeling
Bursting with the moment
And then we critique
We edit then cut our creations
Uncertainty looming
What is it that troubles us?
Understanding as we are
Travelers of the mindscape
Bold and fearless
Yet the kryptonite we know
Lies in wait, somewhere out there
Gnawing at our souls
We hold fast
Certain for a fleeting second
Praying for interpretations
Perhaps a comment…
 ‘Grammatical error
‘Awkward sentences
‘Over-emotional
‘Poor writer
‘Trying hard
‘You’re not my type kind of poet

We fear the reader     …
YET, WE PUBLISH.

#BeInspired.

Love,
Yhang.









2 comments:

  1. Fantastic post.

    Really enjoyed reading it and it held my attention all the way through! Keep it up.

    Read my Latest Post

    ReplyDelete